Re: Call for Consensus (in email) on closing out process 2019, ONE WEEK POLL closing NOV 15th

> On Nov 8, 2018, at 11:49 , Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:
>> >
>> >2) Pull Request: Sets the size of the AB to 9–11
>> >https://github.com/w3c/w3process/pull/224
>> >
>> >The current process enlarges the AB from 9 to 11, a size that might be
>> >difficult to fill all the time. This softens that change, saying “at
>> >least 9 and no more than 11”, and defines how the elections and so on
>> >run to manage that. While we’re in this area, it’s convenient to land
>> >this at the same time.
>> >
>> >Do we have consensus to incorporate PR 224?
>>
>> 0 (no opinion)
>>
> I also would put a 0.  Chris' point worries me.  He suggests that we are making this unnecessarily complex.  I worry about voting things that are complex.  We have not yet recovered from the confusion about STV.  Why introduce something that is not thought through?  What are the unintended consequences?

I think what’s in the process is what Chris proposes; if we don’t get enough nominees to hit the max, the seats are left open. This doesn’t complicate elections.

However, I agree that in today’s excitable and contentious and busy world, we’re probably not going to have a problem being below the max any time soon, so this is more future-proofing than dealing with an imminent issue.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.