Re: David Singer is the new Chair for the W3C Process evolution task force

Thanks Jeff

I have ‘large shoes’ to fill and a great debt of gratitude to Steve Zilles for his fine chairmanship!  Thank you.

I am about to leave on a trip, so I do not expect to have a call soon.  Also, I believe that the editor, the team, and myself, have some “house keeping” to do before we start in earnest on revisions, notably:

* cleaning up the issues and actions lists
* establishing the GitHub repo, inserting the current draft as the baseline
* moving over any non-closed issues (or actions if unassociated with an issue)

I would also like to take this opportunity to see whether we can find a better time for the calls.  Monday morning early is not ideal for those of us on the west coast — I am at my least prepared if I prep on Friday afternoon and then forget over the weekend.  I’ll send a separate email.

Welcome aboard, people! We have work to do.

> On Jan 10, 2017, at 11:48 , Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:
>
> Now that we have successfully delivered Process 2017, our attention turns to the next iteration.
>
> Steve Zilles has informed me that after years of successful work - delivering Process 2014, Process 2015, and Process 2017 he would like to step down as Chair of the W3C Process evolution task force.  We all owe Steve a debt of gratitude for his leadership in moving us to a better, more agile process.
>
> I am pleased to announce that David Singer has agreed to take on the role of Chair of the W3C Process evolution task force going forward - as we being to focus on Process 2018.
>
> Jeff

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.