Re: HTML spec comments not welcome via Internet mail?

- ylafon@, xiaoqian@

Hi Dan,

thanks for raising this.

In practice, issues noted to public-html@w3.org will still be tracked - more broadly, looking at the Working Group pages for the group that develops HTML now should tell you that there are several email lists it uses, and for what. But we prefer to have comments directed to github to simplify tracking. As you note, this means that W3C has outsourced e.g. its privacy policies, which is a decision that I understand as taken above the heads of chairs of individual working groups - and one that of course has some positive and some negative impacts.

I don't see any barrier to you telling whomsoever you want about issues you raise. But just as with mailing lists, expecting that replies will maintain the carbon copy list is inherently unreliable.

Cheers

Chaals - as chair of Web Platform WG.