Re: Obsoleting a Recommendation, round three

On 5/1/2016 6:36 AM, Daniel Appelquist wrote:
> Hi David –
>
> I think we need to tee this up for discussion on our next TAG call in
> order to get you a coherent response. I'm not sure if the TAG wants to
> get into the business of being the “obsolesce committee.” What other
> options have been discussed by the AB? Why can't this be first and
> foremost the responsibility of the working group which produced the
> specification in the first place, with the TAG only getting involved
> in the cases where the working group doesn't exist any more?

Typically it would be the WG that generated the REC.  However, one
expects that in many cases that a REC is obsolete the WG does not exist
anymore.

The other option that the AB discussed was the Team which (for example)
has responsibility for maintenance for RECs that no longer have a WG.