Re: Mailing Lists v. Membership

On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 07:45:39 +0200, timeless <timeless@gmail.com> wrote:

> I hit this each time I change affiliation:
>> The membership of this mailing list is tied to a group in our
>> user/group database. This automated email command interface is
>> unable to process your request.
>
>> For information on adding or removing yourself from the group,
>> please visit the home page for the group in question.
>
>> A list of your current groups is available on your user profile
>> page:
>
>>    https://www.w3.org/users/myprofile
>
>> Thank you,
>

> Could I possibly be a Member without receiving email? :(

Hi Josh,

Being a participant in a group --Working/Interest or Community-- comes
with subscription to the group's mailing lists; this is part of the
infrastructure.
For Working/Interest groups, people agree to being on the group's mailing
lists when they agree to the group's charter.

Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org
mailto:coralie@w3.org +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/