Re: Agenda: Process Document TF Telcon on Monday, 13 June, 2016

I agree that we can
a) simplify the appeals text (what Jeff seems to like, process simplifcation) and
b) remove its current rather odd characteristics

The only thing not covered in what you said below, and I tend to agree that it maybe doesn’t need covering, is any “gating” on when one can initiate a request to gather 5% of the AC.  The current process requires “dissent” (in at least some places) which obviously leaves at least the case when the AC didn’t dissent at all and the Director made the opposite decision.

It might seem we could avoid a troublemaker by saying one can only appeal if there is any disagreement either within the AC or between the AC and Director; but I believe that someone causing trouble would have registered a dissenting opinion at the prior vote, and hence this wouldn’t stop anything.

So, in conclusion, given that appeals are unlikely, I think a short sweet text like this is fine.

Maybe we can make it shorter?  “The AC can appeal any decision by the Director” maybe adding "including but not limited to…."

Mind you, the AC is A(dvisory) so a successful appeal merely re-advises the Director…it does not, per se, change the decision.

Dave Singer

singer@mac.com