Re: Requested addition to section 7.1

On 12/16/2016 1:54 PM, David Singer wrote:
>> On Dec 16, 2016, at 9:42 , Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 16/12/2016 18:24, David Singer wrote:
>>
>>> I assume (until we cut over to GitHub) you should raise an Issue.
>> Done; issue 176.
> thx
>
>>> do you have a pointer?  it’s nice to have a “test case” or example
>> Last CSS WG charter. Optional incubation was added based only on 3+1
>> votes to the Charter w/o discussion in the WG itself. Hardly a
>> consensus, and hardly AC agreement. I don't disagree with the outcome
>> but the way it happened is absolutely not normal, nor in the spirit
>> of our Process.
> Yes, I get it.  After Charter review, there is typically a discussion with those objecting (formally or not), and then the result is sometimes approved without being exposed again to either the WG or AC.
>
> I am not sure how best to handle this, but it worries me.

W3M's guideline is to send it back to the AC when changes are made that
are substantive (which we interpret traditionally to mean that we
believe that they would effect a reviewer's review).  This is a judgment
call.

I'm interested in whether people think that this is a reasonable guideline.

Assuming it is a reasonable guideline, then there is the reality that it
is possible to make an incorrect judgment in some case.