Re: Invited Expert edges

From: timeless <timeless@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:43:06 -0400
To: public-w3process <public-w3process@w3.org>
On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 1:08 PM, timeless <timeless@gmail.com> wrote:
> The other fairly stale edge as an IE is FAQ | Community and Business
> Groups [12]:
>
>> Prior to Community Groups, W3C did not maintain affiliation information for Invited Experts;
>> those accounts are simply noted as being non-Member accounts.
>> However, for Community Groups, in the interest of transparency about the source of contributions to a Specification,
>> we are requiring people with Invited Expert accounts to update their affiliation information.
>> In the near future,
> ** near future **
>> people will be able to update their accounts themselves (and maintain accurate information as affiliations change).
>> However, as of the August 2011 launch, we do not have that tool in place and so the W3C staff is processing affiliation changes.
>> There may be a delay of at most 1 day before your request is processed.
>
> The launch was 4 years ago...
>
> Anyway, if someone could please add me as an IE to all the places
> where I'm a CG member (e.g. here), I'd appreciate it :)

ok, it appears that note is stale, since I seem to be able to join
things (maybe?). Although I have no good way of figuring out if I
joined everything I might be a member of (I'm still slowly trying to
join the various WGs I've participated in). Specifically, it's
apparently a bad idea to try to sign up as an IE to a second WG until
you've been approved for the first one... And, that requires you to
wait for the WG's Team Contact...