Re: Can we discuss ISSUE-140 (description of Team) please

07.10.2014, 03:06, "Karl Dubost" <karl@la-grange.net>:
> Le 7 oct. 2014 à 00:00, chaals@yandex-team.ru a écrit :
>>  ISSUE-140 says "the description of the team is out of date".
>
> I think it would be fair to ask W3C staff to expose their consensus idea of what they think about this section. And this should come more from "normal staff" than, say Jeff or Tim for this specific matter.
>
> (or maybe I'm being too French ^_^)

I think you are being too french.

The Process document doesn't really need to say who the Team is, what they do in their day job, how they are organised and paid internally, etc. This is why we never needed to mention "domains" and why we don't need to have "activities" - they are all arbitrary internal management structures that the Team should be left to decide on without micromanagement from the AC.

It just needs to define what it means by "the Team", since in various places it says other people have to meet the Team's requirements, that things are kept confidential to "the Team", or that "the Team" needs to do something.

Note that the following section, on Team submissions, is an example of why we need *some* definition.

(coming soon: cut back the definition of members..)

cheers

Chaals