Re: Case for/data about elections

On 5/26/2014 12:24 AM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> Let me suggest you take a look at the AB and the TAG selection from a different point of view:
>
> Who would be on your "dream team" of leaders if you could recruit them? Ideally what would you have the TAG and AB do?
> How could you get any of your dream team (or your second choices) to volunteer and commit the time?
>
> The discussion about voting and selection seems to be disconnected from the fundamental gap.
>  From my viewpoint, the web platform is enormously over complicated, fragile and insecure, poorly integrated with other (non-web) Internet applications -- architecturally baroque and getting worse every year. And W3C isn't poised to lead effectively to fix this or even apply back-pressure.

+1 to defining some real problems on this thread.

Also, I'm interested in hearing people's approaches to finding real
solutions: either from the TAG or the AB or on this thread.  Here are
some examples, elaborating on Larry's post.

We've been attempting to fight "complicated and fragile" through
modularity.  Many of the major workgroups (e.g. CSS, WebApps, even now
HTML) are looking to increase modularity in the hope that it leads to
clarity.  I don't know if we are doing it well enough or if this is even
the best approach to fight "complicated and fragile". I invite comments,
and especially I invite technical approaches to address the problems.

We, like you, have called for increased focus on security [1].  In
Wendy's blogposts we talked about work we are doing, workshops we have
created, and the need for more focus.  Are there specific security
issues that need to be addressed?  One thing we are definitely focused
on is "security reviews".  Does anyone have suggestions how to get more
community resources focused on security reviews?

[1]
http://www.w3.org/blog/2014/02/strengthen-web-security-on-the-day-we-fight-back/