Remote participation Re: Workshop and meeting requirements

On Fri, 16 May 2014 17:55:28 +0200, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com> wrote:

> I disagree, btw, with the idea that video is 1) expensive to do well
> *enough*, and 2) of little value.

I agree with Chris' assertion from a production side (i.e. W3C meetings
could probably get value from producing many more video feeds, except
where there is an overriding constraint like bandwidth for TPAC…)

I think it is important to note the other side of the equation - we have
participants who cannot get the value of video. Which is another point to
bear in mind, with his excellent reminders that

>  Additionally, in most meetings we're not used to the "speak where the
> mic can pick you up" concept, nor are chairs used to having to MC that.

We really should be. This should be part of chair training (I'll see if it
fits into my session in June)

cheers

Chaals