Re: Workshop and meeting requirements

Michael.Champion@microsoft.com> wrote:

> > > proper teleconferencing hardware.  VIDEO conferencing, with
screensharing

> > All this sounds good, but I wonder about affordability: What kind of
capital investment, bandwidth requirement,  and on-side manpower
requirements are we talking about to do a TPAC-size meeting with proper A/V?

> My experience is that video is expensive to do well and adds marginal
value for remote participants.  A video of someone on a stage talking to
his slides is simply not compelling.  If one could get immersive 3D
surround video of the entire meeting, maybe it would be better, you’d have
the sense of the audience and so on.  But…

> I think there is a lot more lower-hanging fruit than video.
>
> Dave Singer
>
> singer@mac.com

Can you suggest what those might be David?