RE: Process chapter 7 draft...

Charles,
This is an admirable document. Thank you for all the effort you put into creating a simpler, clearer, more flexible process.

I have a few suggested fixes, mostly editorial, I hope.

Section 7.2.2, penultimate paragraph
/whereas for later stages/whereas for maturity levels beyond Working Draft/
[the term "later stages" is undefined and unnecessary.]
Also put a comma after "fairly mechanical" and change the following comma (after "automatic") to a semicolon.

Section 7.4, Possible next steps
I thought we agreed to drop the terminology, "revised Candidate Recommendation" and to use "re-publish  as a Candidate Recommendation" to avoid creating a new "maturity level"

Section 7.4.1, final paragraph
/the publication of a revised Candidate Recommendation/the re-publication of the Candidate Recommendation/

Section 7.5, under "a Working Group"
Bullets 3 and 4 exclude comments by "Advisory Committee representatives" without pointing to the "dissent" bullets in section 7.6 which is where such comments are handled. I suggest a forward reference to this section, such as "Advisory Committee representative issues are handled in section 7.6."

Section 7.5, "a Working Group", bullet 5
/in the Candidate Recommendation document as "at risk"/in the Candidate Recommendation documented as "at risk" prior to publication as a Proposed Recommendation/
[to resolve the implication that "at risk" features can be dropped from a PR.]

Section 7.6, bullet 3
/In this case,/In the case of unsatisfied dissent,/
[to make it clear that you cannot appeal if your dissent is satisfactorily resolved.]
The same change should be made in the final paragraph of 7.9 as well.

Section 7.7.2, first bullet of 3rd paragraph
/identifying it as the basis for a Request for Recommendation/identifying it as a Proposed Edited Recommendation/
[I believe that we dropped the "Request for Recommendation" label, but I am not sure what should replace it here. The original process distinguished the PER because it does not trigger a new Exclusion Call, as far as I know. But adding PER creates another "maturity level" (and another state in the diagram).]

Section 7.7.2, bullet 3
/Should address all errata./Should address all errata known at the time of the request./

Section 7.8, paragraph 2
/In order to publish a Note/In order to publish a Note,/
[add comma]

Steve Z