Re: New chapter 7 draft

From: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 14:40:15 +0100
To: "public-w3process@w3.org >> public-w3process" <public-w3process@w3.org>, "Daniel Glazman" <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:12:46 +0100, Daniel Glazman

> On 18/02/2014 18:53, Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:
>> Hi folks, there is a new chapter 7 draft dated 18 February -
>> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/AB/raw-file/c78d42c08b34/tr.html
>
> Should section 7.3.1 mention that a FPWD must be in the Charter(s)
> of the Group(s) willing to publish that FPWD? The current requirements
> expressed by 7.3.1 seem to me unclear on that front.

I don't think so - that is covered by the sections on Working Groups
(chapter 3) and how they get chartered (chapter 5). This assumes that
people are not doing things outside their scope.

A related issue is the transition from CG/BG/IG to WG, most of which
hasn't been looked at because the Task Force was asked to focus on chapter
7 and get it done before looking further.

But I would encourage you to raise an issue on the process document (as
opposed to ch7) so the question doesn't get lost...

cheers

Chaals