Re: What is Process Good For?

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:51:16 -0500
To: public-w3process@w3.org
On 12/15/2014 04:41 PM, timeless developer wrote:
> Sam wrote:
>  > Can you name a fork of the Apache Web Server?
>
> IBM HTTP Server
> Stronghold Enterprise Apache
> WebTen
>
> I actually remember IBM HTTP Server and WebTen.
> Stronghold is amusing, because I think the current documentation
> indicates that Red Hat Application Server may be a derivative of Tomcat.

You say "remember" almost implying past tense?

While not directly involved in IBM HTTP Server, it is something I know a
bit about.  It actually is an ongoing effort.  Where contributions have
been made back to the Apache Software Foundation.

Is it a fork?  Absolutely.  Is it compatible?  Absolutely.

>  > In fact, it has been my observation that there has is a greater
> fragmentation
>  > around standards (*cough* URI *cough* IRI *cough* URL *cough*) than
>  > there is around software.
>
> Agreed.

- Sam Ruby