Re: "Living Standards"

On Friday, February 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> On 2012-02-03 10:45, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> >

> > On Monday, January 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> >
> > > Hallo,

> > > Sure, people should be afforded privacy to do such unspeakable (or murderous) things behind closed doors. The problem I raise is when such things try to get forced on the open Web, as once happened with Widgets.
> >
> > Oh @$%#@! It happened again:(
> >
> > https://developer.tizen.org/doc.html
> >
> > (click on "Tizen Web API Reference" and then on "W3C Widget Specifications" or "WAC 2.0")
> >
> > The *outdated* versions specs were copy and pasted from the W3C Website and from the WAC site to the Tizen website.
>

> Whether it's outdated or not is one of the things we argue about.
>
> But anyway: if they did have copied the Editor's version, how exactly
> would that be better unless they have a mechanism to keep things up-to-date?

True. I guess I need to put more info somewhere that explains why this is a bad thing… I guess I keep assuming that people would know better… it kinda sucks, because I want people to use the text and examples of the specs (i.e., I want Public Domain), but I don't want them to copy the whole spec, freeze it, and then code to it and ignore the updates to it…. I guess I want specs to be more like self-updating software.