Re: Patent Protections at CR

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 05:28:38 -0800, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 23:11:08 +0100, Carr, Wayne <wayne.carr@intel.com>
> wrote:
>> Is this a real problem that needs to be fixed?  Are people being sued
>> for implementing CRs by members of WGs producing the CR?
>
> They can be.

They are not as far ass I know. But there is a great deal of concern about
implementing something that may be exposing the implementor to this risk.
Meanwhile, we actually need those implementations to get to
Recommendation. So we're in a catch-22 at the moment because we cause
undesirable pain in making people think about the issues.

cheers

chaals

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk