Re: Writing a mission statement

Hi all,

I've been lurking in this list and missed the round of introductions: I
work at the University of Oxford, UK, and I am involved in the W3C
Dataset Exchange Working Group. I attended TPAC last week, but only
Thursday and Friday, so I missed this group's F2F meeting.

I read the minutes of your meeting and noticed that this resource didn't
show up (apologies if it was mentioned there or before and I missed it):

https://github.com/numfocus/DISCOVER-Cookbook

It is the NumFOCUS DISCOVER Cookbook (Diverse & Inclusive Spaces and
Conferences: Overall Vision and Essential Resources) and it has very
useful pointers on how to create a diverse and inclusive space/conference.

As regards the new name of this group, as W3C Inclusion CG, I think it
should also include a mention of 'diversity'. You can be inclusive but
not encourage diversity, and that's not what the group wants. So, maybe
consider 'W3C Diversity and Inclusion CG'?

In the same line, I would add 'diversity' in the last point of the
mission statement:

**"*advise the W3M, AB, AC, and Positive Work Environment CG about
potential enhancements to our working environment to better support
inclusion."*

**--->**

**"*****advise the W3M, AB, AC, and Positive Work Environment CG about
potential enhancements to our working environment to better support
diversity and inclusion."***

Many thanks,

Alejandra********