[voice interaction] FW: Fall 2020 TPAC Event - Community Group Meetings

I think we should plan to have a virtual meeting during the W3C Fall Technical Plenary {TPAC} event, as this email suggests. Compared to regular calls, we can have a longer meeting and there is also the possibility of having attendees from other groups.

This would be during the week of October 19-23. I’ll go ahead and put in a placeholder on the scheduling wiki, trying to keep time zones in mind.

Debbie

From: Alexandra Lacourba <alex@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2020 6:05 AM
To: 'tp' <w3t-tpregister@w3.org>
Cc: team-events@w3.org
Subject: Fall 2020 TPAC Event - Community Group Meetings

[This e-mail is bcc'ed to all W3C Community Group Chairs]

Dear Community Group Chairs,

W3C is organizing a Fall 2020 TPAC Event [1]. The format we propose focuses on collaborative meetings that bring together the community and create momentum and brainstorming.

This year, the group meetings will be self-organized. Observers are allowed in all distributed meetings so that members of our community have the opportunity to see the work of the W3C groups.

The group chairs will opt-in to appear on the global meeting schedule W3C will publish.

The groups appearing on the schedule will agree on the following principles:

* create interaction with more of the community
* allow observers so that members of our community have the opportunity to see the work of the W3C groups.

The group meetings will not overlap the TPAC breakout week (26 to 30 October)

We invite the Community Groups who would like to appear on the global meeting schedule to enter their meeting details on the following wiki before *Thursday 13 August*:
https://www.w3.org/wiki/TPAC/2020/GroupMeetings

Registered participants in W3C Community Groups may participate in their CG meeting.  See other participation rules on the Fall 2020 TPAC Event website [2].

[1]  https://www.w3.org/2020/10/TPAC/Overview.html
[2] https://www.w3.org/2020/10/TPAC/participation.html

Best regards,
Alexandra Lacourba