RE: IVA Standard

If you need another vote. I would participate in a regular IVA meeting.

From: Deborah Dahl [mailto:Dahl@conversational-Technologies.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2019 2:18 PM
To: 'dirk.schnelle'; public-voiceinteraction@w3.org
Subject: RE: IVA Standard

Hi Dirk,

I think starting a regular call to talk about IVA standardization is a great idea. People are starting to recognize that some standardization would benefit the whole industry.

Here are the tools the W3C provides for Community Groups: https://www.w3.org/community/about/tool/.

The W3C doesn’t provide telecommunications for Community Groups, but we can use a W3C IRC channel for taking minutes in real time (useful for providing links, making real-time corrections and clarifications, formatting minutes, etc.). After a call we can send the link to the minutes to the public mailing list. If you can set up a Google meet to get us started in a voice call, that would be great.

It sounds like there’s some common interests with the Voice Assistant Community Group, but for now I think we should just go ahead and get some discussion going in this group.

Best,

Debbie