Re: Is this CG still active?

I agree.

Regards,

Michael McTear
Emeritus Professor of Knowledge Engineering
Ulster University
https://www.ulster.ac.uk/staff/mf-mctear

http://www.spokenlanguagetechnology.com/

On 13/08/2018, 22:05, "Jim Barnett" <1jhbarnett@gmail.com> wrote:

    We certainly don’t need two groups. If the new group has more energy behind it, we should focus on it.
    Jim

    > On Aug 12, 2018, at 3:19 PM, Deborah Dahl <Dahl@conversational-Technologies.com> wrote:
    >
    > Hi Leonie,
    > Thanks for checking on this. The Voice Interaction Community Group does have a wider remit than the way apps are developed. It is also concerned with inter-app communication and interoperable formats from app processing results so that back ends can expect uniform natural language processing results from different tools. We also planned to tackle possible standards for defining human-computer dialogs. Unfortunately, the group hasn't been very active. It  hasn't made any real progress toward these goals although there have been a few interesting discussions on the mailing list. I would be interested in hearing from other members of the Voice Interaction CG, but I think that if the Voice Assistant Standardization CG has some energy and traction behind standardizing Voice Assistants, that might be a more effective route toward making a start on accomplishing these goals than the current group.
    > Best regards,
    > Deborah Dahl

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager at postmaster@ulster.ac.uk and delete this email immediately. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Ulster University.
The University's computer systems may be monitored and communications carried out on them may be recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes. Ulster University does not guarantee that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure. Unless expressly stated in the body of a separate attachment, the text of email is not intended to form a binding contract. Correspondence to and from the University may be subject to requests for disclosure by 3rd parties under relevant legislation.
The Ulster University was founded by Royal Charter in 1984 and is registered with company number RC000726 and VAT registered number GB672390524.The primary contact address for Ulster University in Northern Ireland is Cromore Road, Coleraine, Co. Londonderry BT52 1SA