RE: Virtual Assistants Discussions at SpeechTEK

The W3C has set up a Github repository for us where we can upload white papers and other drafts at http://github.com/w3c/voiceinteraction. I put together a template document that we can use, based on the W3C’s sample for Community Group documents (https://www.w3.org/community/src/css/spec/sample). The template is in a folder in the Github repo under “voice interaction drafts”.

Now we need volunteers for white paper editors – please send a note to the list on the topic(s) you’d like to work on, and when you’d be able to get a draft ready for group discussion. We can work individually or in teams.

Remember that these papers can start out very simply as introductory use cases, requirements, or issue papers, or as ideas mature, we can even publish specifications (not formal W3C standards, but specifications that could be transitioned to a Working Group for standardization). This is a great opportunity to publish ideas and get feedback.

From: Deborah Dahl [mailto:dahl@conversational-technologies.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:07 AM
To: 'Dirk Schnelle-Walka' <dirk.schnelle@jvoicexml.org>
Cc: public-voiceinteraction@w3.org
Subject: RE: Virtual Assistants Discussions at SpeechTEK

Thanks, Dirk.

I think mid-June would be a good timeframe for initial white paper drafts, and I like your suggestion to use a common storage area. GitHub is another option, and I think we could get a repo set up in the W3C area (https://github.com/w3c), if we could get some help from Kazuyuki, and assuming that it could be set up so that everyone could write to it. Kazuyuki, would you be able to set up a repo on GitHub for us?

Now we need to sign up to write draft white papers. Ideally, they should include sections on use cases, requirements, a gap analysis (what existing standards or proposals are relevant, and (optionally) any ideas about what a proposal to address the issue would look like. I can prepare a template.

Best,

Debbie