Re: Incremental recognition, Unobtrusive response

If the facial recognition system is separate from the VXML interpreter,
it isn't sufficient to have only partial recognition results.  External
systems need to be able to send asynchronous events to the VXML
interpreter.  This will be necessary in many multi-modal contexts.
That's why we put an external events module in VoiceXML 3
https://www.w3.org/TR/2010/WD-voicexml30-20101216/#ExternalCommunicationModule.
(It was one of the many features that made V3 too ambitious and too
complicated to complete.)

It would be interesting to see how those asynchronous events from the
facial recognition system would interact with the partial recognition
events.  For one thing, it might be necessary to change the recognition
grammar on the fly.  In that case, would we want to keep the existing
partial results, and use the new grammar only for new results?  Then we
might end up with a final result that didn't match either grammar.  So
perhaps we would have to go back and re-run recognition from the beginning.

- Jim