Re: Input sought on W3C practices and tooling for Web data standardisation

On Sunday, November 5, 2017, Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> wrote:

> Let me start by explaining that I’ve take over from Phil Archer as the
> staff lead for the W3C Data Activity, see:
>
>      https://www.w3.org/2013/data/
>
> With support from the Open Data Institute and Innovate UK, I am conducting
> a study of W3C practices and tooling for Web data standardisation.

- CSVW in spreadsheet tools should be a priority.
- Unit URIs (schema:StructuredValue, QUDT) should be a priority.

> The aim is to make W3C an even better venue for developing and promoting
> Web data standards. The study involves an analysis of W3C server logs as a
> measure of the level of interest in our specs, an online questionnaire, and
> one on one interviews.
>
> I’ve used Google forms for the questionnaire and can provide a PDF version
> if you have problems accessing Google Forms.
>
> For more details see the associated blog post:
>
>      https://www.w3.org/blog/2017/10/questionnaire-on-practices-
> tooling-for-web-data-standardisation/

A quick read though of "Data on the Web Best Practices" would be a good
read before completing the questionnaire:

DWBP:
https://www.w3.org/TR/dwbp/

Questionnaire:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVyCuNO0YOqktFjSpuMW4KSOKo1-_JijQTyLYt_Hm1VtJt1A/viewform