Re: Sustainable Codes vs Volatile URIs Re: URIs / Ontology for Physical Units and Quantities

> So, AFAICT, the options, for the UN/CEFACT code "SEC" are:
>

>    1. https://example.un.org/ns/cefact/codes/SEC
>    2. http://example.un.org/ns/cefact#SEC
>    3. urn:x-un-cefact:SEC
>    4. SEC
>
> In terms of preference, I'd vote for 2, 3, 1, 4.

Good!
My vote for preferences is 3, 1, 2

- - - -
Rationale: as discussed here before, all "standarizable URN" have an
well-knowed (for user community) URN-Resolver, that is, an URL for this
resolver. For webservice endpoints perspective, (and CoolURL
recommendation, http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/ ), the "/SEC" is preferible
than "#SEC".
Example1: http://dx.doi.com is the well-knowed resolver for "urn:x-doi"
URNs. So, with SchemaOrg we can define a property urlUrnResolver to
remember that a URL is a URN-Resolver... p. ex. *<a itemprop="urlUrnResolver"
href="http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/ncomms7368
<http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/ncomms7368>">doi:10.1038/ncomms7368</a>*
Example2: of course, for *a priori* URNs or IANA URNs we can omit the
resolver, p. ex. <span *itemprop="urn">urn:x-doi:**10.1038/ncomms7368</span>
 *or <span *itemprop="urn">**urn:issn:2041-1723</span>.*