Re: why Vehicle subClassOf Product ? (also: Commercial, Economic)

> "Thus an MTE in Microdata cannot formally have the properties from that
> second type."

Yes and no. Yes in a sense that the microdata specs say state that as long
as the types are from the same vocabulary all is fine:

The itemtype attribute, if specified, must have a value that is an
> unordered set of unique space-separated tokens that are case-sensitive,
> each of which is a valid URL that is an absolute URL, and all of which are
> defined to use the same vocabulary. The attribute's value must have at
> least one token.

No in sense that this wouldn't work if one uses multiple vocabularies.
Which is something we might consider trying to change as I think it's weird
that RDFa and JSON-LD do allow this, making this situation confusing for
publishers to say the least.