Re: Collection / Container / List (+Pagination)

In the notion of the underlying GoodRelations model, a product can be any tangible or intangible entitity on which some rights can be offered to transfer, for free or any compensation, e.g. monetary amounts, bundles of rights on other objects (as in barter trade), or even vague promises like "good karma".

So yes, a product is essentially a role that a thing can take in an offer, but offer is meant much broader than in traditional e-commerce settings.

But still I would not put container or anything else that is not rigidly bound to the product role as a subtype of product. Rather put is somewhere else in the hierarchy and use multi-typed entities.

By the way, I have on my long agenda plans for better support for a) configurable products and variants and b) shopping baskets / detailed wishlists

Note that bundles are already supported in offers via schema:includesObject and schema:TypeAndQuantityNode. I think that for containers and shopping baskets, we should try to reuses schema:TypeAndQuantityNode and reuse/extend schema:ItemList.

Martin

PS: Attached is an example of modeling bundles in offers.

  <link itemprop="http://schema.org/businessFunction"
        href="http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1#Sell" />

       itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Product" itemid="#cellphone">
    EAN: <span itemprop="http://schema.org/gtin13">1234567890123</span>