Re: suggestion of something like geoDate and geoDuration

ok, it  was only a comment about the PDF that you cite, the PDF says,

"Recommendation 1: Date. That geohistorical dates, (...) be expressed in
years before the present by
     the term 'annus', symbol ‘a’, with multiples symbolized as ‘ka’ ,‘Ma’
, and ‘Ga’ ...

"Recommendation 2: Duration. That quantities of geohistorical time derived
from the rock record be expressed in years,
   represented by the symbol ‘yr’, and multiples ‘kyr’, ‘Myr’, ‘Gyr’"

So is "dual" because use two metric units. I suggest the duration ones.
See https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/242#issuecomment-76740565