Re: Proposal for Schema.org extension mechanism

On 03/01/2015 04:06 PM, James M Snell wrote:
> I'm strongly -1 to any kind of normative AS2 dependency on schema.org, even
> with the proposed extension model*. It's simply not necessary and would add
> very little benefit. Using the two together is beneficial in some cases
> that I can imagine but a normative dependency would add little to no
> significant technical benefit right now. If you'd like to write up a note
> describing a non-normative use of the two together, that would likely be
> helpful.
NOTE: Using Activity Streams 2.0 with Schema.org
sounds like a good idea!

I don't say that I can see one clear solution here. I just see need for
some more clarifications, and can see many different possible outcomes
which will put people implementing AS2.0 in a bit better position than
if we left it as of now and gave it no extra attention.

For everyone interested, also relevant issue on github:
https://github.com/schemaorg/schemaorg/issues/220

BTW Hydra CG did somehow similar exercise over a year ago

Integration of Hydra into Schema.org
http://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/schema.org/

"This document was created to help with the design of potential Actions
in Schema.org. While Hydra hasn't been included in Schema.org (yet), it
influenced its design. The document is clearly outdated and serves
purely as a historical reference."