RE: Vocabularies to classify terms

There is a vocabulary that has been widely used by the US military called the Elements of National Power which is further described by PMESII (Political, Military, Economic, Social, Information Systems, and Infrastructure). The concept is that these six top-level categories are adequate to capture the key important factors of a country. I attached a VisioOWL graphic representation of the top elements. I also have the next level OWL breakout under each of the PMESII categories if you are interested. You can do a web search on Elements of National Power to find out more about this top-level vocabulary.

John Flynn
http://semanticsimulations.com

From: Alberto Nogales [mailto:anogales81@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 28, 2015 7:36 PM
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Subject: Vocabularies to classify terms

Dear all, I am searching for vocabularies that let me classify terms, something similar to an upper ontology.I am explaining that with a term tree. Lets imagine that we have the first node that we will called "Categories". Then we will hace the main categories in the second level of the tree. And following we will have subcategories or terms. If a look for a term it will be classified by its main category.

1. Categories
    1.1 Biology
          1.1.1 Cell
          1.1.2 Protein
          1.1.N Mineral
    1.2 Mathematics
          1.2.1 Equation
          1.2.N Geometry
                    1.2.N.1 Triangle
     1.N Physics
            1.N.1 Gravity

So in this case if a want to classify the term gravity, the answer will be Physics. If I want to classify triangle, the answer will be Mathematics.

Does anyone knows an ontology, taxonomy, etc similar to this. I need it to be expressed as rdf, owl or similar.
Thanks.