Re: September Update on Sports

Peter,
OK, well, if "rugby union" is a sub-class of rugby..(BBC calls this a
subDiscipline, per their Sports Ontology,by the way, see my
example)... then you can make it so by using the
schema.org/additionalType I think, but that is not explicitly a way to
say "sub".
But I think your asking for something richer to help Sports Vocab...
probably a property called "parentSport" ?
However my issue is that lots of Schema.org types have the need for
saying a Parent Type or a Child Type of another type.

<section itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Sport">RUGBY UNION
    <link itemprop="additionalType"
href="http://OntologyExamplesForTheWorld.com/RugbySubSport"/>
    <link itemprop="additionalType"
href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/ontologies/sport/subDiscipline"/>
</section>

So, I still would like a way to express subType or parentType for
external vocabularies... we do not currently have a way to express
this, I think:

<section itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Sport">RUGBY UNION
    <link itemprop="subType"
href="http://OntologyExamplesForTheWorld.com/RugbySubSport"/>
    <link itemprop="additionalType"
href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/ontologies/sport/subDiscipline"/>
</section>

Dan,
 I thought we already have a way to say this is an external
vocabulary's "sub/child-Type" or "parentType" in Schema.org ... right
? or wrong ?

--

-Thad
+ThadGuidry