Re: ItemList proposal

"There are situations (e.g. pagination) where you might want to distinguish
between a partial description of the list and the full thing as spread over
several concrete documents."

Well, it's this I'm doubting actually. Search engines don't rely on there
being a 'start/last/end' being specified for HTML. The start is implied
because there's no 'prev' and the end is implied when there's no 'next'.
And they seem to be quite able to understand where the pagination starts
and ends.

Why would this have to be more specific for schema.org?