RE: New Proposal - Measurement (in support of describing sports statistics)

Hi Trond,

Thanks for pointing that out - I have already made updates to a draft version that establishes more consistency in usage of examples throughout the document.

Re: your examples, the soccer example is correct, but it looks like we're not aligned on what consists of 'duration' vs 'quantity' in the x-games example.  See my updated version below and notes explaining my reasoning.  Let me know if that clears it up.

"'Jamie did a 20 feet air at the X Games Huston in 2014 in the Highest air competition, in the first run..."

'Jamie' - the subject (object) of the measurement
'2014 Houston X-Games, Run 1' - the duration of the measurement **
'20 feet' - the quantity that was measured
'20' - the numerical value in the quantity
'feet' - the unit of measurement in the quantity

** This is a bit confusing due to the complexity of modeling event series and super/sub events.   Extrapolating on your example, let's further assume that :

a.  It was during the first run of the 'Men's Super-Bike Freestyle Event' in which Jamie achieved 20 feet of air.
b. The Men's Super-Bike Freestyle Event is composed of three (3) runs, scored independently
c.  The Men's Super-Bike Freestyle Event is one of many other events that take place during the 2014 X-Games Competition in Houston, TX

What we have is three distinct yet related Event instances.  It is the first event (a) - the first run - which defines the duration of the measurement.

Does that clear things up?