Re: How did Schema.org became what it is ?

I also found the paper 'What Is Schema.org?' by Phil Barker and Lorna
Campbell to be a good introduction.  It says it's a technical paper, but
it's straight forward enough for non-technical people.

Phil's introduction and link to the paper from an e-mail to this list on
June 6 is:

Hello all.

I hope you don't mind me using this list to advertise a briefing paper
which aims to describe schema.org. I also invite comments and discussion on
how it might be improved in future revisions.

As part of our work for Creative Commons on managing the Learning Resource
Metadata Initiative (LRMI), Cetis today publish a new technical briefing
paper “What is schema.org? <http://schema.org/?>”.

We often find that when explaining the technology approach of LRMI we are
mostly talking about schema.org, so this briefing, which describes the
schema.org specification for a technical audience should be of interest to
anyone thinking about implementing or using LRMI in a website or other
tool. It should also be of interest to people who plan to use schema.org for
describing other types of resource.

You can download the briefing from http://publications.cetis.ac.uk/2014/960

Best regards, Phil

--