Re: Person and fictional Re: VideoGame proposal

>> It saves us from
> [explicitly]
>> defining dozens of subtypes
>
> When an entity has more than one type, the implication is that the intersection of the sets is not empty.
> Allowing multiple types just means that you potentially recognise all the intersections.
>
> Simon

Yes, but this implicit new type is automatically marked as being a subtype of both types involved.

If you say

:foo a schema:Person, schema:FictionalThing.

it is clear for any data consumer that this is an instance of foo:Person, even if that client is unaware of the type schema:FictionalThing.

That is the power of using multiple types as "facets" in multi-typed entities.

Multi-typed entities have only one potential problem when it comes to properties: If the same property exists for both basic types, it is unclear to which "facet" of the entity the value of the property refers. But this is no real problem in schema.org, since we so far use a global meaning for all properties.

So as many have already argued: Let's take the multi-entity approach: It is clean, by andlarge backwards-compatible, and saves us from adding many new classes.

Martin