Re: Person and fictional Re: VideoGame proposal

> "If someone can explain to me what the driving motivator is for taking
> this metaphysical stance is"

uh, in my case it has absolutely nothing to do with metaphysical anything.
I write markup, and a lots of it. I look at what I need to disambiguate and
seek for solutions which help me do so. The easier and more obvious those
solutions are, the the bigger the chance is I'll apply them.

If the MTE route means it makes my life, and that of any other who has to
deal with marking up pages, easier, than I'm a happy camper. Do I worry if
it makes the work of those who have to extract that data fractionally more
difficult? Nope not a bit.

If this stuff is supposed to be used by everyday developers than it has to
be 'simple', if not, it won't be done as there are hardly ever sufficient
resources to do any form (extensive) schema.org markup. So personally I
think the need for simplicity by the many outweighs the need of the few how
have to extract that data - Simply because the masses will always do what
they want, metaphysical debates won't stop them.

Folks tend to markup things the way it makes sense to them, whether that's
metaphysically correct or not, heck most don't even take the time to read a
type's description. When somebody want to express: "I'm a Physician" they
don't worry whether they're a Organization (schema.org) or a Person
(Freebase), they see a Physician type, use it and don't stop one second to
think about what #me means;
When somebody want to express what the main content of a page is they abuse
mainContentOfPage for any type of Thing, even though the specs say they
shouldn't.

So if a MTE works for the elves isn't that enough already?

Personally I'd like to get this over with already because there are a
million more things waiting to get resolved eg, breadcrumbs, ItemList,
associatedMedia, VideoGameSeries, etc, etc. And I wish all the energy
that's being put in a possible Fictional type would be spend on helping
resolve issues of everyday implementers.