Re: VideoGame proposal

On 16 October 2014 14:32, Yuliya Tikhokhod <tilid@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> I agree that re-engineer Series is a good idea. Not only for video games,
> but for many others type of creative work (books, articles, etc)
> But should it be obstacle for shipping VideoGame into schema.org?
> I see two options:1) as Viki said create a VideoGameSeries (like a subtype
> of Series or for example Intangible) for now and than re-engineer Series 2)
> using hasPart and partOf properties without specific type for Series,
> re-engineer Series and create specific type
> What do you think which way is better?

I don't want to slow down VideoGame. Let's have a look at specifics of Series:

1. actor (Person) "A cast member of the movie, tv/radio series,
season, episode, or video. Supersedes actors."

-> "An actor in this series (e.g. in broadcast content, movie or video game)"

2. director( Person) The director of the movie, tv/radio episode or
series. Supersedes directors.

-> "A director of this series (e.g.  broadcast content, movie or video game)"

3.
endDate (Date) The end date and time of the role, event or item (in
ISO 8601 date format).
->
... errrr etc :) anyone care to take a look at the rest?

The difficulty here is that we have this schema evolution dynamic of
listing more and more types in the property definition until it
becomes silly, ... and then shortening and writing "item" instead.
Which can make the property meaning quite weak. "When this series
ends." --- ending could mean so many different things too.

The Seasons and Episodes model does fit recent game publishing models
though, ... while that might seem like good news, ... it also means we
should update http://schema.org/Season etc too :/

trailerVideoObject does seem like a good property to use for game
series, as it can separate a more official video from a fan's
play-through or review/commentary.

Dan

episode (Episode) An episode of a TV/radio series or season Supersedes episodes.
 - episodic games, e.g. "wolf among us", "walking dead".
- A useful example here:
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Season_2_(Video_Game) has 4 episodes

musicBy (Person or MusicGroup) The composer of the movie or TV/radio soundtrack.
numberOfEpisodes (Number) The number of episodes in this season or series.
numberOfSeasons (Number) The number of seasons in this series.
producerPerson The producer of the movie, tv/radio series, season, or
episode, or video.
productionCompanyOrganization The production company or studio that
made the movie, tv/radio series, season, or episode, or media object.
seasonSeason A season in a tv/radio series. Supersedes seasons.
startDateDate The start date and time of the event, role or item (in
ISO 8601 date format).
trailerVideoObject The trailer of a movie or tv/radio series, season,
or episode.