Re: Finalizing Schema.org "Roles" design

I think that

1. the sponsors of schema.org should clearly say that the Roles proposal is just for cases that do not fit in the straightforward patterns and

2. the Google Structured Data Testing Tool should have a rule that warns if Roles nodes are used additional properties (like startDate or endDate), i.e. if the reification is useless.

On the other hand, it should be relatively easy for consumers of data to translate such simple cases (an unconstrained role) to the direct pattern.

One thing I do not understand from the proposal is whether the additional properties like startDate and endDate will be added to http://schema.org/Role or whether the idea is that arbitrary local property names can be used.

Martin