Re: Generic Property-Value Proposal for Schema.org

On 5/1/2014 10:00, Dan Brickley wrote:
> On that front I wonder whether using JSON-LD could give more syntactic
> options than Microdata?

I believe we should not mix up a discussion about a data model with the
current set of syntaxes. So I am sceptical if something gets designed in
a certain way because, for example, Microdata makes it inconvenient
otherwise. I believe the same mistakes were made in the early days of
RDF where it was leaning way too much towards XML. Those decisions have
repercussions until today and are very expensive to fix - e.g. the issue
with untyped versus typed string literals as syntactic sugar so that
RDF/XML files become easier to edit, but messing up the data model along
the way.

Holger