RE: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships

March 27, 2014 9:49 AM Gregg Kellogg <mailto:gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 2014, at 4:33 PM, エリクソン トーレ
> <t-eriksson@so.taisho.co.jp> wrote:
>
>> Alternative suggestion from the spectator seat:
>>
>>> Let's assume we want to build a Web API that exposes information
>>> about persons and their friends. Using schema.org, your data would look
>>> somewhat like this:
>>>
>>>  </markus> a schema:Person ;
>>>            schema:knows </alice> ;
>>>            schema:knows </zorro> .
>>>
>>> All this information would be available in the document at /markus
>>> (please let's not talk about hash URLs etc. here, ok?). Depending on
>>> the number of friends, the document however may grow too large.
>>
>> </markus> a schema:Person ;
>>          rdfs:seeAlso </markus/friends/> .
>> </markus/friends/> foaf:topic schema:knows .
>>
>> And in </markus/friends/> (or its redirection target):
>>
>> </markus> schema:knows </alice>,
>>                       </zorro> .
>>
>> Replace foaf:topic with appropriate schema: properyy if necessary.
>
> That's an interesting idea; in a JSON-LD representation, it might look like
> the following:
>
> {
>   "@id": "/markus",
>   "@type": "schema:Person",
>   "rdfs:seeAlso": {
>     "@id": "/markus/friends",
>     "foaf:primaryTopic": "schema:knows"
>   }
> }
>
> {
>   "@id": "/markus/knows",
>   "@type": "hydra:Container",
>   "hydra:member": "/gregg"
> }
>
> The only problem I see from a Linked Data perspective is that
> </markus/friends> appears to be defined in the </markus> node definition,
> so it wouldn't be obvious that you would do a further redirection to get
> the container.

Sorry, I have no knowledge of Hydra.
My though was to skip the container completely and only serve
a bunch of raw
</markus> schema:knows [] .
triples from </markus/friends> or the redirection target </markus/friends.rdf>

Paging seems like overkill but I guess it could be necessary in other situations.

Tore