Re: ActionHandlers vs "App resources" (was: An updated draft of the schema.org/Action proposal)

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 12:37 AM, Savas Parastatidis <
Savas.Parastatidis@microsoft.com> wrote:

>  I would caution the use of OPTIONS.
>
>  Why move beyond hypermedia? A representation of a resource (eg
> RestaurantX) may contain a link to a resource that provides more
> information about the actions that can be performed. Or those actions can
> be described as part of the representation. Or the representation may tell
> us that the resource is linked with the resource
> http://schema.org/Restaurant for which actions have be defined. Or…

I stated this elsewhere to Savas, but wanted to re-affirm it here: I'm 100%
in agreement here. I don't think OPTIONS can take us that far and the extra
round trip is not practical. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted my opinion
before, but just wanted to clarify here in case that happened.

Also, just as a larger distribution, I posted my thoughts on HTTP
invocation here (where I go over GET + hypermedia and where OPTIONS falls
short):

http://blog.sgo.to/2014/02/rows.html