Re: "score" property for Q&A entities

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 01:35:18PM +0100, Alf Eaton wrote:
>In a discussion thread on this list a few months ago[1], there was
>suggestion of adding a "score" property to Question/Answer/Comment (Q&A)
>classes, alongside the existing "upvoteCount" and "downvoteCount"
>properties.
>
>As I'm currently marking up Q&A pages that display only a score (and not
>counts of individual upvotes and downvotes) [2], this would be a useful
>property. Did the discussion ever turn into a full proposal?
>
>Thanks,
>Alf
>
>[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Feb/0088.html
>[2] https://peerj.com/questions/31-what-does-open-access-mean-to-you/

In the example from peerj, the "score" that is being displayed has
nothing to do with upvotes or downvotes on the particular answer to a
question; it's the number of contributions that the individual offering
that answer has made to the site as a whole (the sum of activity such as
authored articles, edited articles, reviews, answers, questions, and
replies contributed).

So I think "score" would be misleading if added to
Question/Answer/Comment for this particular example, because it is
attached to the person's account for that service. It seems more
appropriate for a social account property.

Dan