RE: ItemList

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014 7:36 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> On 10 June 2014 18:01, Alexander Shubin <ajax@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> >> Does it fit the schema design I posted?
> >
> > Sure. That’s why I proposed them :) Actually it uses the fact that ItemListElement is
> Thing.
> >
> >> Re 'numberOfElements' maybe we can find an existing property to
> >> extend?
> >
> > I couldn't find anything suitable.

Very minor point but numberOfItems might be better given how the other properties and the type itself is documented:

A list of *items* of any sort...
A single list item...
ListItem

> Adding,
>
> +    <div typeof="rdf:Property" resource="http://schema.org/numberOfElements">
> +      <span class="h" property="rdfs:label">numberOfElements</span>
> +      <span property="rdfs:comment">The number of elements in an
> ItemList.</span>
> +      <span>Domain: <a property="http://schema.org/domainIncludes"
> href="http://schema.org/ItemList">ItemList</a></span>
> +      <span>Range: <a property="http://schema.org/rangeIncludes"
> href="http://schema.org/Number">Number</a></span>
> +    </div>
>
> I've added one example so far, based on your first.
>
> -> http://sdo-wip1.appspot.com/ItemList is updated, as is git
> (https://github.com/danbri/schemaorg/commits/sdo-itemlist)

Both JSON-LD examples are invalid:
In the first example the value of itemListElement should be an object and thus be wrapped in {} and not [].
The second example has two itemListElement properties which is invalid (strangely the same example is used at schema.org/ListItem!?). Both values should be wrapped in an array and collapsed into a single property.
You could also use a JSON number to express the value of numberOfElements, i.e., remove the quotes around 315.

It would also be nice if an example using next and previous would be added as people will probably struggle referencing it both from the ItemList and from a ListItem at the same time if there isn't an example they can copy-paste.

Cheers,
Markus

--
Markus Lanthaler