Re: offeredBy to supersede vendor, merchant, provider, seller, ...?

Simon:
gr:Offering is not limited to binding or commercial offers. The non-binding character has been in the textual definition since 2008:

"An offering represents the public, not necessarily binding, not necessarily exclusive, announcement by a gr:BusinessEntity to provide (or seek) a certain gr:BusinessFunction for a certain gr:ProductOrService to a specified target audience. An offering is specified by the type of product or service or bundle it refers to, what business function is being offered (sales, rental, ...), and a set of commercial properties."

Historically, gr:Offering could represent the supply and the demand side; this explains the "or seek" part. We fixed that when integrating GR into schema.org, creating http://schema.org/Demand, which will be gr:Demand in the next GR service update.

Best wishes / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Martin Hepp

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group