Re: Benifit of Schema.org over linked data or vice versa

Farhana Sarker <fs5g09@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> I am keen to know the benefit of using schema.org over linked data technology in reusing or interoperability of data or vice versa.
> Could you please help me in this regards?

It's not a question of "benefit...over." Schema.org vocabularies and
publication methods are consistent with linked data best practices
and, in essence, further the cause.

Simple example: when publishing catalogs of datasets, embed markup
based on http://schema.org/Dataset in those pages. This will enable
popular search engines (and/or other tools) to index the metadata
describing those datasets with higher fidelity, leading to more
reliable discovery by data consumers.

Linked data is useless if it can't be found...

--
John S. Erickson, Ph.D.
Deputy Director, Web Science Research Center