Re: Another example of Wikidata + schema.org for type enumerations

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 9:07 PM, Jarno van Driel <jarno@quantumspork.nl>wrote:

> Now I don't really know if it's been discussed in the past already or that
> it would break cardinal rules but wouldn't it be easiest if @itemtype and
> @typeof would be brought in line with each other and have @itemtype also
> accept multiple types from multi vocabularies?
>
> That would certainly help to prevent this type of questions. (well, at
> least from me).

This working group has no power to change the RDFa and microdata
specifications which are both stable now. It already took a lot of
convincing to allow multiple types from one vocabulary in microdata (it
only allowed one type initially), so I would not expected this to change
further at this point. Plus it would break one of the fundamental principle
of microdata parsing which relies on the list of types to detect the
default vocabulary for all of the inner @itemprop.

Steph.

--
Steph.