RE: ActionHandlers vs "App resources" (was: An updated draft of the schema.org/Action proposal)

On Friday, February 14, 2014 7:11 PM, Sam Goto wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>>> 2) How would you be able to express that you CANNOT BuyAction on the
>>> AndroidAppLink resource (e.g. your mobile app resource isn't as fancy
>>> as your website)?
>>
>> That's something we would need to decide. I think in most cases
>> these resources are not really exactly the same. Thus, I'm not
>> sure whether it makes that much sense to "inherit" the operations
>> from the Web resource. I think it would be sensible to require
>> them to be declared separately. I don't think "expects" etc. are
>> needed for apps, are they? If not, it's really just a short list of
>> supported operations similar to the one in your example above, likely
>> with min. version constraints etc.
>
> Not quite on both points.
>
> 1) Most often than not, these are the same resources. That's the basic
> premise of the android-app://foobar.com/resource/1234 with rel=alternative
> links.

Fair enough. How do you thought of dealing different sets of operations then? You moved the list out from the action handler, didn't you?

> 2) "expects" apply to apps as much as web resources. as you are
> "buying" an item on the web or in an app, things like your credit
> card / quantity information needs to be passed either way. That
> is, i'd expect to see things like
> http://amazon.com/products/1234?action=buy&quantity=2 as much as
> things like android-app://com.amazon/products/1234 with
> putExtra("quantity", "2") in the intent extra bag.

So you don't just open the specific screen in the app but you really carry out an operation (or at least pre-fill a form)? Where comes the data from to invoke the operation or pre-fill the form? Is there an intermediary UI (such as the review widget in Gmail)?

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler