Re: Automotive, EXIF, Property-Values

I will be happy to add this to the examples, but basically I feel that the sponsors of schema.org should indicate whether this should be done.

Personally, I think it is more important that we get more sites to expose such automotive data than to narrow down the meaning of data, because we do not know
1. whether such additional detail matters for mainstream consumers of the data (search engines),
2. how much additional complexity this brings for owners of respective content, and
3. to which degree it differs by regions.

As for #2, I can imagine that many developers of respective sites, in particular used car listings, may not readily have access to the standards to which certain values refer.

So I tend to add such examples to complementing tutorials (e.g. our ESWC 2015 materials, upcoming) or implementation notes by individual consumers of the data.

By the way, one of my plans for 2015 is to complete and to make more schema.org-friedly the materials on

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Documentation

It already has a working page on value references:

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Documentation/Structured_values_and_value_references

In the future, examples will also be given in the schema.org namespace and popular mark-up syntaxes.

Martin
martin hepp  http://www.heppnetz.de
mhepp@computer.org          @mfhepp