Re: ANN: Release of class-specific subsets of WebDataCommons Schema.org Data

Simon,

Thank you for pointing this out. Yes indeed all properties are extended
by the type of the entity they belong to within the dataset. This is
based on our extraction library, which was used to retrieve the RDF
quads from the raw HTML pages.
The extension offers some benefits , which we exploited during our
analysis of the data, e.g. its not necessary to load whole entities in
order to explore which properties are used by webmasters for the
different types. This made the processing much faster.

In order to remove this extension, it is possible, to recognize the type
of the entity (always in the first line of a new bnode in the files) and
replace the type within the following property by "http://schema.org", e.g.:

"http://schema.org/Corporation/name".replace("http://schema.org/Corporation", "http://schema.org")

Cheers,
Robert