Re: Redundant property schema: photo

From: Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 18:16:52 -0700
To: Renato Iannella <ri@semanticidentity.com>
Cc: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
I think photo should simply be deprecated in favor of image, unless we can
give a good argument in the schema.org description of "photo" as to why
it's necessary to have a different property when there is already image. To
Dan's point, I get that photo is already used a lot, but deprecated doesn't
mean that search engine should stop supporting it. Having both is confusing
for newcomers.

--
Steph.